Numerous other applications have already been identified.
Photosynthesis: Glass greenhouses, Mulch films, Algae production
For agricultural applications, CASCADE is now focused on the improvement of plastic tunnel films, but the technology can be extended to mulch films and glass greenhouses. Furthermore, initial tests with algae have shown improved production of spirulina and chlorella.
Through its partnership with the French LPRL laboratory, CASCADE has developed data showing that the technology can be used to increase the efficiency of photovoltaic panels by optimizing the wavelengths of incident light transmitted to the solar cells.
LED lighting can be improved by an optimization of the light emission spectra.
More generally, the LIGHT CASCADES® technology can be adapted to any application involving light, allowing a wide range of potential uses
Examples of applications developed by the LPRL laboratory, using the LIGHT CASCADES® technology :
- Fiduciary applications (in collaboration with Banque de France)
- Document authentification (in collaboration with Imprimerie Nationale)
- Photovoltaic Modules (in collaboration with Total)
- Agricultural Films (in collaboration with Elf)
- Anti-counterfeiting solutions (in collaboration with a defense organization)